If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Black gram lentil is commonly used in India. has loads of Phosphorus and Calcium. It is also a good source of Protein and Carbohydrates.
Its Hanuma Jayanthi today and I decided to make "Milagu Vada" garland for Lord Hanuman. I was scared as it might be a difficult task to get the right (padham) consistency of the dough. Thanks to my mom. She told me exactly how I could make it the authentic way with some tips. So lets make Milagu Vada for Lord Hanuman. Sri Ramajeyam! :) - yMarni
- 1 cup Urad Dhal/ Black Lentil/ Vigna mungo
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper corns, whole
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon Rice Flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 cups Canola Oil, Any preferable oil to fry
- Soak Urad dhal(type of lentil) for just 20 mins. This is also called as Blackgram dhal.
- Drain the water and grind it coarsely with absolutely no water. I used a food processor. It worked much better than a blender.
- Pulse the black pepper corns and cumin in a spice grinder until they are coarsely ground.
- Mix the coarsely ground urad dhal, black pepper corns, cumin with salt and a tsp of rice flour.
- Grease a plastic cover like a ziplock cover or banana leaf as it is traditionally used with some oil/ clarified butter.
- Make golf size balls of of the prepared dough.
- Press this ball flat on the greased surface. It may not be really thin.
- Fry this in medium temperature oil.
12 Make-Ahead Egg Dishes for Easter Brunch
Hop to it!
Winner of Your Best Recipe with Honey
A sweet Q&A with Alexandra Higgins.
Style with a breeze.
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Cauliflower Gratin With Mornay Sauce