If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These wraps are perfect for a late summer lunch; they're light and fresh but the chickpeas and pistachios keep them substantial enough for a main course. They're also a great way to use up late summer vegetables. - Cathy Likes Cheese
- 3 Red bell peppers
- 1/2 Red onion, chopped
- 3 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 Stalk broccoli, florets only
- 1 Can chickpeas
- 1/2 cup Shelled pistachios
- 2 tablespoons Capers
- 3 tablespoons Pesto
- 2 tablespoons Sherry vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Head butter lettuce
- Place bell peppers about 3 inches below broiler and roast until blackened on one side, then flip and blacken on the other side. When the peppers are done, transfer them to a plastic bag and seal.
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet and add onion. Sautée on medium heat until softened, about 5-7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop broccoli florets so they're in small chunks, about the size of the chickpeas.
- Add broccoli to the skillet and continue to cook over medium heat until the broccoli is cooked through, about 5 minutes, stirring often so the vegetables brown slightly but do not burn. Transfer to a large bowl and add the capers.
- Wipe out the skillet and heat it over medium heat. Add pistachos and toast about a minute. Chop pistachos and add to the bowl with the onions and broccoli.
- When the peppers have cooled enough to handle, peel and chop them into 1 inch slices. Add to the bowl.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas and add to bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk pesto and vinegar together. Stir the vinaigrette into the bowl with the vegetables and add salt and pepper to taste. Chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Peel 8 largest leaves off the butter lettuce, rinse, and pat dry.
- Place about a 1/4 cup of the chickpea vegetable salad into each lettuce leaf. Wrap and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Lettuce
Have a Brew-ti-ful Day
Shop our newest caffeinated collection.
Everything you need for coffee and tea.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
The final step to a genius dinner party.
A list of things we like.
Add flower power to your espresso.