If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: If you are like Amanda Hesser and you like salad dressings that discipline then you will probably like this salad. Be fore warned because out in farm country we take salad very seriously. In fact this set of greens is wearing black and carrying a riding crop. Take note the safe word here is "sugar". —thirschfeld
- 6 cups Black Seeded Simpson lettuce or other bitter leafy greens
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 1 teaspoon turbinado sugar
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- lots of green onion, slice into thin rounds
- Wash the greens several times in ice cold water spinning them dry between each wash in a salad spinner.
- Gently tear the leaves into pieces.
- Combine the oil, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix them with a whisk. It might emulsify and it might not. It doesn't matter.
- Add the greens and toss them well making sure to coat the leaves evenly and well. Add lots of green onion slices and toss one last time to distribute them. Serve.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!