If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Everything should be dressed with bacon fat. Vegetarians beware! —darksideofthespoon
Serves 4 large salads
Celery, Fennel and Frisee Salad
- 1 fennel bulb
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 large head of frisee
- Shave the fennel and celery on a mandoline, or as thinly as you can with a knife. Submerge in water and set aside.
- Rinse and cut the frisee into medium sized pieces. Add the fennel and celery before serving.
Bacon Fat Dressing
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/8 cup warm bacon fat
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 teaspoons honey
- pinches of salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons dijon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Warm the bacon fat in a pan until clear. Saute the minced shallot for 4-5 minutes, until soft. Add the olive oil, honey, dijon and vinegar.
- Pour this mixture into a jar and shake vigorously. Set aside.
- When ready to serve the salad, season with the dressing with salt and pepper to taste. Toss with your hands and make sure to try and piece or two to make sure the seasoning is correct.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Lettuce
Move Over, Boozy Pops
We Prefer Our Pops All-In
We shall call them pop-tails.
We are in love—with this toast.