If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A few weeks ago I posted a recipe for Fresh Herb Vinaigrette for My Big Fat Greek Salad and so I thought maybe someone might like to know what my "go to" Greek salad is. This one is wonderful with the vinaigrette which I've re-posted here. —inpatskitchen
Makes 2 large servings
For the vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 large basil leaves, torn
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- Place all ingredients in a mini food processor and process until almost smooth. (The feta may not all smooth out and you'll see little flecks of the herbs)
For the salad
- 1 large romaine lettuce heart, chopped
- 1/2 of an English cucumber sliced into thin rounds (don't peel)
- 1 medium tomato cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 10 to 12 pitted kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 small roasted beets, sliced into rounds
- Anchovy fillets for passing at the table (optional)
- Toss all but the beets and anchovies in a salad bowl. Strategically place the beet slices here and there in the salad. Plate each salad, add an anchovy or two if you like and dress with the vinaigrette. OPA!!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Lettuce
Orange You Glad?
A better, more carrot-y carrot cake
A more carrot-y carrot cake.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
Meet beaver tails.
Get your shine on.