If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love Thai food, so I'm always experimenting with Thai flavors. One day when it was too hot to eat anything but salad, I tossed this together, using stuff I found in my fridge (hence the addition of Peppadews). I find lemongrass to be a bit of a pain to work with, so I usually have a tube of Gourmet Garden lemongrass paste in the fridge, which makes things just that much easier. —theminx
- 4 teaspoons smooth peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- 1 teaspoon lemongrass paste
- 1 pound shrimp, cooked, peeled, deveined, and cut into chunks if large
- 5 Peppadew peppers, or 3 tablespoons chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped Thai basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Thai basil
- Combine first ten ingredients in a large bowl. Mix in shrimp, peppers, and basil. Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper, if needed.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Serve on lettuce-lined plates, garnished with the peanuts and Thai basil, or on a sandwich.
The Spice is Right
Recipes that put a dent in that za'atar stash
Za'atar: the spice with zip.
What to eat and listen to tonight.
We've got the summer blues.
The knots you should know.
Have a ball (jar).