Author Notes: I love Thai food, so I'm always experimenting with Thai flavors. One day when it was too hot to eat anything but salad, I tossed this together, using stuff I found in my fridge (hence the addition of Peppadews). I find lemongrass to be a bit of a pain to work with, so I usually have a tube of Gourmet Garden lemongrass paste in the fridge, which makes things just that much easier. - theminx
- 4 teaspoons smooth peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- 1 teaspoon lemongrass paste
- 1 pound shrimp, cooked, peeled, deveined, and cut into chunks if large
- 5 Peppadew peppers, or 3 tablespoons chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped Thai basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Thai basil
- Combine first ten ingredients in a large bowl. Mix in shrimp, peppers, and basil. Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper, if needed.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Serve on lettuce-lined plates, garnished with the peanuts and Thai basil, or on a sandwich.