Author Notes: There are million zucchini pancake recipes, but this is the one my mom made. Almost every week when I came back from school there was a plate full of warm little pancakes waiting for me. Today I make them for my daughter and her little buddies, and they love it. Often I substitute zucchini with a different vegetable – carrot, broccoli, peas – they clean up their plates not knowing that they have been tricked into eating a healthy meal! - QueenSashy
Makes 16 pancakes
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons grapeseed oil, or any other frying oil
- Grate the zucchini into a bowl using the large grating side of a box grater. Let the zucchini sit for two to three minutes, then squeeze out excess water.
- Stir in the flour and add the egg. Mix well with a fork. Season with salt.
- Heat the oil in a heavy duty saute pan or skillet over medium heat. When the oil is hot but not smoking, lower the heat to medium-low and drop heaping teaspoon of zucchini batter into the pan. Cook the pancakes about one and half minutes on each side, until browned.
- Place the pancakes on a plate lined with a paper towel to absorb excess oil. Serve warm.