Author Notes: Adapted from a Bobby Flay recipe, these are super easy to make, and have a great flavor and bite. Originally I did them in a cast iron skillet on the grill, but there's nothing to stop you from doing it on the stove top. Use any old white wine that you have sitting around. - Snafu06
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 stalk lemongrass
- 3 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 can of unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2.5 pounds mussels
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 tablespoons chopped Thai basil
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha (or more depending on how spicy you like it)
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke
- Preheat grill to high (if using, just put skillet on stove over high heat).
- Add oil, heat until shimmering.
- Add lemongrass, curry paste, wine, coconut milk, fish sauce, lime juice, liquid smoke, and sriracha. Stir to combine.
- Add mussels and cover. When the mussels are all open, you're done. If any don't open after a few minutes, toss them out.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Shellfish