If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a simple, easy salad that makes a great starter for any meal. The sweet lobster meat and corn are a wonderful compliment next to the creamy cool avocado. Everything is tied together with a simple lemon vinaigrette. - LittleRedKitchen
For the salad:
- 2 1 1/4 - 1/2 pound lobsters
- 3 ears sweet corn, kernels removed from cob
- 1 avocado, cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 1 tomato, cut into 1/2 inch dice
For the vinaigrette:
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot place 2 inches of salted water, set a steaming rack on top and steam your lobsters for 12-14 minutes. As an alternative you can also boil them for 10-12 minutes until bright red.
- Remove the lobsters from the pot and immediately plunge into a large bowl full of ice water to stop the cooking process.
- Remove the meat and cut into 1/2 to 3/4 inch pieces. Not too small, you want to see the lobster!
- Place the lobster in a mixing bowl with the diced avocado and tomatoes.
- Take the stripped kernels and saute them with about 1/2 tablespoon of butter and a little salt and pepper for about 5 minutes. Add to the lobster mixture.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dijon mustard, lemon juice and white wine vinegar. Slowly whisk in the olive oil until emulsified. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the vinaigrette over the lobster mixture until it just coats everything, taste and add more if necessary. You may not need it all, reserve the vinaigrette for a later use. Adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Lobster salad can be served right away or chilled for later use, the acid from the lemon and vinegar will keep your avocados from turning brown.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Shellfish
Flourless Almond & Coconut Cake
Looked for salad, ended up with cake: Life in a nutshell.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Recipe of the Day
Strawberry, Rhubarb, and Lime Popsicles
An out of the blue use for a mason jar.
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.