If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A perfect way to start your journey into using greens as wrappers, this savory wrap is bursting with the flavor of basil, sun dried tomato, and sweet roasted peppers. Crunchy, satisfying, and quick to make (and pack) for a green lunch. Literally. - Gena Hamshaw
- 1 1/2 cups Raw cashews, soaked overnight in water and drained
- 1-2 Cloves garlic (careful: raw garlic is potent, so you may want to start with one clove!)
- 3 tablespoons Fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea salt (or to taste)
- Black pepper to taste
- 6 Oil-soaked sun dried tomatoes, patted dry
- 2 teaspoons Herbes de Provence
- 1/4 cup Fresh basil, loosely chopped
- 4 Medium sized collard leaves
- 3 Roasted red bell peppers (you can roast your own or use jarred)
- 2 cups Fresh arugula (optional, but nice if you want more of a green bite!)
- Place the cashews, garlic, lemon, sea salt, and pepper in a food processor or high speed blender. Process until the mixture is a thick paste. With the motor running, drizzle in water till the mixture is the texture of light, fluffy ricotta. It may not take much water at all, depending on how much water the cashews absorbed! Season to taste, and then pulse in the sun dried tomatoes, herbes de provence, and the basil.
- To prep the collards: you can either a) blanch them in boiling water for one minute each, then submerge in cool water and pat down with paper towels, or you can b) marinate them for 3-4 hours in a mixture of 1 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice, and a pinch of sea salt, wiping the marinade off before you get to wrapping. If you don't mind the taste of raw collards, you can skip this step!
- Trim down the inner spine of the collard leaves, per column instructions: http://www.food52.com/articles/4484_thinking_outside_the_wrap. Spread them with 1/4 the cashew mixture each, and then top that with 1/4 of the red peppers and arugula, if using. Wrap them up, slice, and serve!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!