Author Notes: I make this for my son, it's an easy dish to prepare and works well with Indian food as a side dish- it isn't too spicy either! - Cinnamin
- 1 medium or large sized potato, washed, scrubbed and sliced very thinly, with the skin on
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- a few curry leaves
- Salt as per taste
- Heat the oil in a wok. When oil gets hot, add the curry leaves and allow them to release their aroma and flavour. Actually, when the aroma starts releasing itself, the flavour will too.
- Next add the cumin seeds and allow them to brown a bit.
- Now add the garlic and let it soften. Then add the potato slices and stir fry.
- Once the potatoes cook a little, add a little water, some salt, combine well. Just add a bit of water- too much will make it all starchy and gooey.
- Leave uncovered on a medium flame till water evaporates and potatoes cook through.