Author Notes: A twist on a classic, brings juicy oysters together with a basil-almond pesto, breadcrumbs, and heirloom cherry tomatoes. - mtlabor
Makes 6 oysters
- 6 oysters, shucked and on the half shell
- 1 cup basil
- 1/4 cup toasted almond slices
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4-1/2 cup olive oil
- 6 heirloom cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a blender or food processor, combine the basil, almonds, and parmesan. Drizzle in olive oil until you reach your desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place about a tablespoon of pesto on each oyster and top with a heaping teaspoon of breadcrumbs and 2 halves of the heirloom tomatoes.
- Broil oysters under high heat for about 6-7 minutes or until breadcrumbs are golden brown and pesto is bubbly. Serve right away.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Shellfish