If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A twist on a classic, brings juicy oysters together with a basil-almond pesto, breadcrumbs, and heirloom cherry tomatoes. —mtlabor
Makes 6 oysters
- 6 oysters, shucked and on the half shell
- 1 cup basil
- 1/4 cup toasted almond slices
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4-1/2 cups olive oil
- 6 heirloom cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a blender or food processor, combine the basil, almonds, and parmesan. Drizzle in olive oil until you reach your desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place about a tablespoon of pesto on each oyster and top with a heaping teaspoon of breadcrumbs and 2 halves of the heirloom tomatoes.
- Broil oysters under high heat for about 6-7 minutes or until breadcrumbs are golden brown and pesto is bubbly. Serve right away.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Shellfish
Put Summer in a Jar
How to freestyle berry jam
Freestyle berry jam.
A toast to toast.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.
The new Food52 office.
Octopi my heart.