If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This seafood casserole was one my mom would make for Christmas, as part of a buffet and for company during the year. It's very, very rich and very retro but oh so good! Mom used lobster meat in this but feel free to use more reasonably priced langoustines in its place. - inpatskitchen
Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 medium green bell pepper, finely minced
- 1 cup finely sliced green onion
- 16 ounces king or lump crabmeat, well picked over
- 16 ounces cooked lobster meat or langoustines, chopped
- 16 ounces cooked shrimp (preferably wild Gulf), chopped
- 2 1/2 cups coarsely crushed saltines
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
- Tabasco sauce to taste
- Combine all the ingredients and pour them into a lightly buttered 2 quart baking dish. Bake in a pre heated 350F oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Shellfish