If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Simplifying a southern classic with grilled shrimp and tangy roasted tomatoes. —SeaweedandSassafras
- 9 Large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning (celery seed, garlic, cayenne, salt, pepper, etc.)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, washed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic poweder
- 1/2 cup yellow grits
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Rinse and cut the tomatoes in half. In a large bowl mix together the tomatoes, olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic. Pour into 13 x 9 Glass Baking dish and bake for 20 minutes, then stir them to turn over, and cook for 20 minutes more. If the dish starts getting too dry and burning, you can add 1/2 cup of water.
- When those are done, fire up the grill! Be sure the shrimp are peeled and deveined, we kept the tails on. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a microwave safe dish and brush each shrimp with butter and lightly coat with cajun seasoning. Slide onto the skewer. Grill the shrimp for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Cook the grits according to the package, ours said bring water to a boil, add salt and grits. Stir, cover and reduce heat to low, cook for 5-6 minutes stirring occasionally. Then I added the 1 tablespoon of butter, pepper and cheddar cheese. Stir until cheese has melted completely into the grits. I also added some extra salt to taste.
- Add the grits to the bottom of your plate/bowl and top with the shrimp and roasted tomatoes. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Shellfish
This May Be the Best Thing You Can Do with Zucchini
A genius make-ahead summer side
A genius zucchini dish.
Is your cilantro contaminated?
It's time to travel.
Do this for better cold brew.