Author Notes: Get out your bibs, cover the picnic or kitchen table with brown paper or newspaper, make sure you have damp kitchen towels or wet naps around and get ready to feast! These are easy to make and fun to eat...and dipped in melted butter, to die for! - inpatskitchen
Serves as many as can fit around your table
- 24 ounces beer
- 2 cloves garlic, halved
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 2 bay leaves broken in half
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 lemon, halved
- 2 pounds jumbo shell on shrimp (preferably wild from the Gulf) 10 -15 count is terrific!
- A few sticks of butter, melted, clarified or not
- In a large pot, pour in the beer and add the garlic, salt, thyme, bay leaves, celery seed, parsley and cayenne pepper. Squeeze the juice of the lemon halves into the pot and then throw in the used halves.
- Bring everything up to a rolling boil and add the shrimp. Once the pot comes just up to the boil again, turn off the heat, put a lid on the pot and wait about 5 minutes.
- Drain the shrimp in a colander and dump in a large bowl. Set the bowl in the middle of the table, surround with small bowls of the melted butter and peel and eat!