If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Lick smackin' good. This dish is another one of those dishes that won’t disappoint. You get the saltiness from the soy, the sweetness from the brown sugar, the tanginess from the lime, the creaminess from the avocado, the floral notes from the cilantro, the earthiness from the chile powder and the kick from the hot chili oil all coupled with the succulent, tender broiled shrimp. The flavors simply dance on your tongue tantalizing your taste buds. And when it’s gone, you will wonder why you didn’t make more. - REMCooks
- 1 pound shrimp (16 – 20 count), peeled and deveined
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon ancho chile powder (we use a 6 chili blend for the extra character of the blended chills)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon hot chili oil (your favorite, we use Pele's Fire Macadamia Oil)
- 1 avocado, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a bowl stir together garlic, brown sugar, soy sauce, chili powder, lime juice, red pepper flakes, and 2 teaspoons oil. Add shrimp and toss to coat.
- While the shrimp is marinating, preheat broiler. Remove shrimp from marinade, reserving 1 Tbsp, and arrange on a broiler rack.
- Broil shrimp for 2 minutes roughly 4 inches from heat.
- Turn shrimp and broil 1 – 2 minutes more, or until the shrimp is just cooked through. Remember, the residual heat of the shrimp will continue to cook the shrimp so don’t overcook it. While the shrimp is cooking, add the cubed avocado to the bowl used for the marinade.
- Remove shrimp and place in the bowl with avocado along with the juices from the broiler pan.
- Add remaining 1 Tbsp lime juice, cilantro, hot chili oil, and reserved 1 Tbsp marinade.
- Gently toss to coat.
- Serve with white rice and a nice stir fry vegetable. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Shellfish
12 Make-Ahead Egg Dishes for Easter Brunch
Hop to it!
Winner of Your Best Recipe with Honey
A sweet Q&A with Alexandra Higgins.
Style with a breeze.
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Wooden Bird's House
For your feathered friends.