If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Butternut Squash is the perfect fall meal. Get the right size and it can be perfect to serve for 1 too. But something still seems to be missing when you present it whole on your plate. There's that hollow center where the seeds were that is begging to be filled up with a crunchy something! I live in the tropics and basically just fooled around with as much autumn-fall flavors as I could to give my home some of the fall scent I've been missing out on... What I do to make this serve one is a pick a small enough butternut squash so that 1/2 a squash is the perfect size for me and save the other half to cook a later time. That's the great thing about BN Squash - at cool temperatures it keep forever! —TakeThymeToCook
- 1 Butternut Squash (of appropriate size for # servings desired)
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1/4 cup Brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Rum or Brandy
- 1/3 cup Chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup Raisins
- 2 tablespoons Brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped clove seed
- Wash the buttternut squash and cut in half. Lay face-up in pan and fill with just enough water so that the water does not reach or splash up on the squash's meaty side.
- Pour the melted butter on the squash and make sure most of the squash absorbs some. Pour all excess into the hole (or pocket) where the seeds were.
- Spread the 1/4 cup brown sugar over the face of the squash, including inside the "pocket".
- Pour most of the brandy over the sugar and any remainders into the water or the "pocket" (No more than 2 tablespoons in the pocket).
- Add chopped walnuts to butter-alcohol mix in the pocket. Top with raisins and 1 additional Tablespoon of brown sugar for each pocket.
- Sprinkle the whole concoction with cloves.
- Make at 350 for 40-50 mintues, or until squash meat is soft when stuck with a fork.
Shop at the Food52 Office
We're having a open house!
Shop at the Food52 office.
Trailblazing snacks to pack.
New to the Shop.
(Home) brew on this.
It's in the bag.