If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Tonight I didn't get started on the dinner until 7.30, to me that is pretty late, I usually have the dinner cooked and ready to eat by 7 on the dot. But not to worry, this spaghetti was so simple and fast to make, and had the perfect balance of flavors. A lovely heartwarming dish. —Eleanor Ozich
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 leek, sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1 eggplant, cut in to cubes
- juice and zest of one lemon
- 1 cup vege or chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- grated parmesan to serve
- 1 packet dried spaghetti
- In a large saucepan on medium heat, melt the butter until sizzling. Add the leek and coat in the butter. Saute until soft, stirring even thirty seconds or so.
- Add the garlic, mushrooms, eggplant, lemon zest, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Continue to stir the vegetables, and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- In a large separate saucepan, cook the spaghetti in salted water until el dente.
- Add the cream and lemon juice to the vegetables and remove from the heat. Stir well, then pour on top of the spaghetti.
- Serve with a generous helping of grated parmesan. www.mapetitekitchen.blogspot.com
Genius Recipes for a Genius Labor Day
Beans! Pimento cheese! pies!
Genius recipes for a genius Labor Day.
Ways to a money-saving kitchen.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
The Hudson Valley's where it's at.
Get your shine on.