If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love seafood - and especially enjoy a little bit of tanginess, some creaminess and spice! This recipe was a creation for a Sunday evening when I wanted something tasty and comforting, yet still fresh. Add more red pepper flakes depending on your preference. - aussiefoodie
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons dill butter
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/8 cup brandy
- 1 cup white wine
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Saute the sliced onions, finely diced garlic and dill butter in a large fry pan over a medium heat for about 10 minutes or until the onions are translucent. When the onions are almost translucent, add the red pepper flakes and cherry tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
- Turn up the heat to medium hot and add the brandy and then the wine and scrape the bottom of the pan.
- Add the tomato sauce and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes, or until reduced to a moderate thickness. Reduce the heat to medium and add the shrimp and simmer for approximately 5 minutes, turning once, or until the shrimp are pink/white and no longer translucent.
- Add the lemon juice, and stir through the cream and simmer on a low heat for approximately 3 minutes or until heated through and thickened slightly.
- Turn off the heat and stir through the chopped parsley. Serve with rice and sauteed green vegetables.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Shellfish