If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Creamed crab with a little kick makes for a nice light lunch or brunch for 3 or 4 depending on how you load the toast. And it actually makes a nice warm dip for crackers or veggies! —inpatskitchen
Serves 3 or 4
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons AP flour
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 thinly sliced green onion
- 8 ounces fresh pastuerized blue crab meat (lump or backfin)
- 3 or 4 slices of your favorite toast
- Sweet paprika for garnish
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat, melt the butter and whisk in the flour to form a light roux. Add 1/2 cup of the half and half and continue whisking until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Add the dry mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt, white pepper and cayenne. Whisk and then whisk in the rest of the half and half slowly.
- Once the mixture thickens again add the green onion and stir in the crab meat. heat until hot.
- To serve, ladle 1/4 to 1/3 of the crab mixture over each slice of toast. Sprinkle with a little paprika for garnish.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Shellfish
This May Be the Best Thing You Can Do with Zucchini
A genius make-ahead summer side
A genius zucchini dish.
Is your cilantro contaminated?
It's time to travel.
Do this for better cold brew.