If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Serendipity was the first restaurant I went to by myself with my girlfriends, on Saturday afternoons, we would cruise Bloomingdales, trying on hats and lipstick then head over to Serendipity reeking of about 6 different perfume for a Barbecue Chicken Casserole and frozen hot chocolates..just like grown up ladies. Over the years I've adapted this as my go to for leftover chicken or turkey & mashed potatoes. I've made it from scratch as well, poaching chicken breasts , making fresh mashed potatoes & homemade BBQ Sauce, its great to bring to a pot luck. You can make more or less depending on how much you have on hand and how many you are serving. —Aliwaks
Serves 4 +
- 4 cups Shredded left over turkey (white & dark)
- 3 cups Left over mashed potatoes
- 1 red onion, sliced thin
- 1.5 cups best quality or homemade BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup Shredded Cheese (any kind'll do, sharp cheddar or cheddar jack is great)
- 2 chopped scallions
- 1 tablespoon Neutral oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- .5 -1 cups turkey or chicken stock as needed
- Sautee onion slices in butter & oil till soft & sweet
- Mix turkey, onions & barbeque sauce, put in casserole dish, moisten with stock if BBQ sauce is very thick
- Mix all but a handful of cheese & scallions with mashed potato
- Dollop Mashed potato over Turkey... sprinkle remaining cheese (or more cheese) and scallions over top, bake @ 350 for @ 35 min till bubbly and brown on top..serve with salad with sweet/sour dressing and crusty bread.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Turkey Leftovers
Get Baking This Labor Day
These recipes are worth a little kitchen labor
Get baking this Labor Day.
A chef's kids' lunch.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Recipe of the Day
Storage made crystal clear.