If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a great appetizer or hors d'oeuvre. It's quick and easy to make but it looks and tastes like it was really complicated and took hours. —Coleen McCrea Katz
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1 cup Mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 cup Onion chopped
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 1 pound pre-cooked Shrimp cut into small pieces
- 1 cup Instant Rice, uncooked
- 1 pint Heavy Cream
- 2 cups Frozen Corn
- 2 tablespoons Corn Starch
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Basil chopped
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Dill chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Seasoning Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 6 pieces white bread toasted, cut into hearts and then cut in half
- In a large dutch oven, melt butter.
- Add onion and mushrooms and saute until soft, about 2 minutes.
- Next add chicken broth, shrimp, rice, cream, corn, cream cheese. Add all spices. Cook and stir frequently until it comes to a simmer, about 5 minutes.
- Continue to simmer for about 5 more minutes.
- Spoon into shooter glasses and top with toast point croutons.
This Week's Best #F52Farmstands
Things are feeling corny (and figgy and carroty and...)
This week's best #f52farmstands.
What to eat and listen to tonight.
We've got the summer blues.
Our recent favorite recipes.
Have a ball (jar).