Author Notes: A pasta dish that is perfect for halloween, or any day in Autumn! A spicy pumpkin peanut sauce tossed with pasta and broccoli! - chai monkey
- 1 cup cooked pasta shells
- 3 tablespoons creamy, no salt added, peanut butter
- 2-3 tablespoons warm water
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 cup steamed, brocoli florets
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- cracked black pepper
- small pinches sugar
- splashes pure lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
- sprigs fresh cilantro
- pea shoots or sprouts
- large splashes tabasco hot sauce
- Cook pasta as directed. In a small bowl mix peanut butter with, squeeze of lime, warm water, minced garlic, salt, tabasco hot sauce, spices and pumpkin puree. mix well.
- Steam broccoli, while the pasta is cooking Toss hot pasta with pumpkin sauce in serving bowl bowl.
- add pea shoots, broccoli, more cilantro and maybe some raw peanuts if desired to garnish.