If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A warm bowl of quinoa tossed in a spiced coconut milk sauce with veggies. Easy and delicious! —chai monkey
Makes 2 servings
- 1/2 cup dry, Quinoa or Inca Red Quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk, canned
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup diced carrot
- large handfuls baby spinach
- 1/4 cup chopped white onion
- Combine chicken stock and quinoa in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until soft and water is not at the bottom of the pan. Usually about 15 minutes. Steam chopped carrots in double boiler, about ¼ inch thick chopped, on the stovetop about six to eight minutes...In a medium pot and a steamer basket or colander. Fill the pot with enough water, once the water comes to a boil, add vegetables and place lid on top to cover.
- on a medium skillet heat sesame oil, white onion and garlic. After the onions begin to cook, add the coconut milk, grated ginger, spices and handful of chopped baby spinach.
- when quinoa is fluffy and cooked add to the skillet with steamed carrots, coconut milk and spiced vegetables.
- let the skillet with the combined ingredients simmer together, stirring. (if you wish, add pre-made sliced chicken)
- plate, and serve. enjoy!
How to make lemonade without a recipe
Lemonade, sans recipe.
Last day for free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
Green pesto is so last summer.
Savor the season.