If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Good with tacos, chicken, fish, in Chilaquiles, just with everything. Roasting the tomatillios really makes the difference. —Cordelia
Makes about 1 cup
- 10 tomatillos
- 1/2 a bunch of cilantro
- 1 big clove of garlic
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 3 tablespoons of lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper
- Discard the tomatillos husks and wash them well. Cut the tomatillos to halves. Put them in a baking sheet and drizzle a bit of oil and salt. Bake in 400 degree oven for 25-30 minutes. Let them cool a bit.
- Chop the garlic. Discard the jalapeno seeds and cut to medium pieces.
- Put in a food processor the roasted tomatillos, garlic, jalapeno, cilantro, salt and pepper and process until you get a pretty smooth salsa.
- Put in a bowl and mix in the lime juice and oil. Taste for salt.
- (If you use it for the Chilaquiles and the salsa is pretty thick add water to thin it out a bit, so it will be more spreadable).
This May Be the Best Thing You Can Do with Zucchini
A genius make-ahead summer side
A genius zucchini dish.
Hot dogs made better.
Your poolside essentials.
Is Your Cilantro Contaminated?