If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I was diagnosed with fructose intolerance earlier this year and after completing [as much as one can ever complete] my elimination diet I've begun experimenting with fructose-free recipes because this foodie's got to eat! This granola bar was my first foray back into baking. One of the best parts about the recipe is that you can really add in whatever you'd like as the chocolate/nut extra ingredient (for those who can eat fructose I'm sure dried fruit would be a great addition). My fiance and I did try adding cooked quinoa in to beef up the bar as a more filling snack, but turns out cooked and then baked quinoa is quite sticky. I don't know that I would recommend that variation. Let me know what you think :-) - Lillie
Makes 9 small bars
- 2 tablespoons All natural peanut butter
- 1/3 cup Grade A Maple Syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/3 teaspoon Vanilla (essence if you can't tolerate vanilla extract)
- 1 cup Rolled oats (I used 365 brand quick oats)
- 1/4 cup Chocolate chips and/or cashews, walnuts, almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- In a large bowl, mix peanut butter and maple syrup until smooth and thoroughly combined
- Stir in cinnamon and vanilla
- Add in oatmeal. Mix until oatmeal is evenly coated in the peanut/maple mixture.
- Pour in chocolate chips and give it a quick stir to distribute the chips evenly.
- Line a baking sheet (or if you have one a bar pan) with parchment paper OR line a cupcake tin. Mold granola into desired shape(s).
- Bake for 20-30 minutes (I recommend checking them every 10 minutes) or until they turn a more consistent golden-brown color.
- Cool for 1 hour and enjoy!
12 Make-Ahead Egg Dishes for Easter Brunch
Hop to it!
Winner of Your Best Recipe with Honey
A sweet Q&A with Alexandra Higgins.
Style with a breeze.
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Wooden Bird's House
For your feathered friends.