If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Really this is my grand mothers recipe and her recipes are delicious, full of flavor, and fun to make. Over Christmas, we couldn't lay hands on some of my grandmother's recipes .We made this recipe at least 100 times .And this is one of my favorite recipe like to share with food52.
- 2 pounds Chicken piece
- 2 cups Plain Yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons Ghee (clarified butter)
- 1/2 cup Vegetable oil
- 2 Red Onion
- 10 Shallot
- 1 Garlic
- 1 inch Ginger
- 4 pieces Green chili
- 3 Tomato
- 1 1/2 cups Coriander leaves
- 1 cup Mint leaves
- 4 Cardamom
- 4 Cloves
- 1/2 Nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon Aniseed/Fennel seed
- A pinches Saffron
- 10 Cashew Nut
- 5 Almond
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 2 pounds Basmati Rice cooked (when you boil the rice add few cinnamon leaf or CINNAMON STICK to improve the flavor of the rIce(OPTIONAL) )
- Few Fried Cashew and raisins
- COMBINE- _Yogurt ,turmeric and salt mix tougher and marinate the chicken overnight .
- CRUSH -garlic, ginger and green chili
- SLICE- Onion and shallot
- CHOPPED - Tomato
- GRIND- Coriander leaf and mint / Cashew and Almond separately
- MIX. - Saffron and Milk.
- POWDER – Cardamom, Cloves, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Anne seed, and fennel seed
- In a heavy pan heat 2 tbsp of oil add sliced onion shallot cook until golden brown remove from oil and reserve both.
- Heat the reserve oil ,add crushed garlic, ginger and chili cook until it look wilted. Add the tomato cook for few minute, REDUCE THE HEAT .Add powdered spices and Grind coriander and mint /cashew and almond and cook for few seconds.
- Add the marinated chicken increase the heat for few minute saute then reduce the heat and cover and cook until the chicken are tender.
- In an oven proof dish, layer half chicken mixture and half of the cooked basmati rice and pour over half of the saffron milk repeat the remaining meat mixture and rice .Dot with ghee and Clarified butter and the remaining saffron milk.
- Cover tightly and bake for 30 minute at 180 degree centigrade (350F) or until the mixture heated through and flavor have combined. Garnish with fried onion,shallot,cashew, raisins and coriander leaves
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Savory Rice Dish
Why the Simplest Recipes Are Still Worthwhile
Cheer up with chickpeas.
Goya's Balsamic Chickpea Salad
The sun is out: Are you?
It's Snack Time
Gifts for Mother's Day
Good day, sunshine.