If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This "super" salad is chock-full of ingredients that provide wonderful nutritional benefits plus it's completely addicting. Super nutrition in a bowl! I had never been a fan of beets before...then I made this salad. The sweet, tart crunch of apple balances the earthy flavor of tender beets nicely. - delicioushappens.com
Roasted Beet and Apple Salad
- 3 large red beets, peeled and diced
- 2 large Granny Smith Apples, peeled and diced
- 2 cups sliced kale (stems removed and discarded)
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup raw or toasted walnuts
- 1/2 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 350. Place the diced beets on a sheet of aluminum foil and drizzle with the olive oil. Fold the foil so the beets are sealed and place on a large cookie sheet. Roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until a fork pierces easily into the beets. You want them soft but still a little firm. Remove the beets from the oven and set aside to cool. Add the kale, lemon juice and a drizzle of olive oil. Massage until the kale starts to soften and wilt, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the apple, beets. Drizzle some walnut vinaigrette over ingredients and toss. Add the quinoa and walnuts and gently toss again. Garnish with goat cheese.
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup walnut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon clover honey
- pinches kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Combine the vinegar, honey and mustard in a bowl. While whisking, slowly pour a steady stream of the olive oil and walnut oil. Season with salt and pepper.
Soffritto: The Superstar
Your new favorite three-ingredient ingredient.
Soffritto's a superstar.
Lettuce love vegetables.
The Daily Grind
Bold and brewtiful coffee.