If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Kind of a cross between graham crackers and brown sugar shortbread, these delectable cookies are fun to make and irresistable to eat. Recipe adapted from Miette: Recipes from San Franscisco's Most Charming Pastry Shop - ButterYum
Makes 24 cookies (2 1/2-inch diameter)
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, softenend
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Lyle's golden syrup (or honey)
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour (7 1/2 ounces)
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour (1 1/2 ounces)
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt (or table salt)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- granulated sugar for garnish
- To make the dough: Sift dry ingredients together; set aside. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter, brown sugar, and golden syrup together for 5 minutes. Add dry ingredients and mix just until combined. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill for at least 30 minutes, or up to 2 days.
- To cut the cookies: Using a rolling pin, roll dough between layers of wax paper to 1/8-inch thickness. Use 1/8-inch wooden dowels as a guide. Cut shapes from rolled dough and chill well before transferring to a sheet pan.
- To bake the cookies: Preheat oven to 350F. Place chilled cookie cutouts on a cool parchment or silpat lined sheet pan and sprinkle with granulated sugar. Bake in the center of a preheated oven for 10-13 minutes. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
- My Notes - measuring ingredients like flour and sugar by weight is much more accurate than measuring them by volume so weigh ingredients with a digital scale for the best results.
Recipe of the Day
Strawberry, Rhubarb, and Lime Popsicles
Shop Spring Cleaning
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
An out of the blue use for a mason jar.
Simple, Springy Leek Soup