If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Love fish cooked in vegetables and this is one of my favorites. - Alyce Morgan
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon Fresh thyme, chopped (or 1/2 teaspoon dried)
- 5 ounces Kale, chopped (2-3 cups)
- 1 teaspoon Grated lemon rind
- Juice of one lemon (2-3 tablespoons)
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 Salmon fillets (6 ounces each), salted and peppered
- Heat a 12-inch, deep skillet over medium high heat with olive oil and crushed red pepper. Add a chopped onion and sauté for about 5 minutes or until onion is softening. Add garlic and cook another minute. Season with a pinch each of kosher salt, pepper and thyme. Stir.
- Add kale and let cook down, stirring occasionally, 2-3 minutes. Add grated lemon rind, the lemon juice, white wine, and season liberally with kosher salt and pepper.
- Add salted and peppered salmon filets skin down. Reduce heat to low. Cover and steam about six minutes or until salmon is just barely firm, but still moist at center. Serve hot or at room temperature garnished with a sprig of thyme and/or cherry tomatoes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens