Author Notes: A spicy granola mix slightly sweetened with a surprising burst of concord grapey goodness, mix it with milk or vanilla yogurt for that old fashioned purple cow memory! - BarkingHen
Makes 4 cups
- 3 cups Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1 cup Chunky Chopped Walnuts
- 1/4 cup Ground Flaxseed or Wheat Germ (or combine)
- 1 teaspoon Fine Seasalt
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 1/2 cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cups Seeded and pureed Concord Grapes (pulp and skins)
- 3 tablespoons Melted Butter
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla
- 1 Vanilla bean, scraped. Discard 'casing' or save for another use.
- Pre- heat oven 325 degrees. Mix Dry Ingredients in a large bowl.
- Puree Grapes in small food processor.
- Melt butter in medium microwave safe bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to the butter and whisk until well blended.
- Add wet ingredient to dry ingredients and mix until well coated.
- Spread onto Large un-greased Cookie sheet
- Bake 35-45 minutes, checking and turning every 5-10 minutes.
- You will not be able to see the atypical 'goldening' of the granola due to the purple coloring. However, you will be able to feel the drying of the mix.
- Allow to cool and harden before storing. Adding fresh currents really takes this granola over the top!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Grapes