If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A spicy granola mix slightly sweetened with a surprising burst of concord grapey goodness, mix it with milk or vanilla yogurt for that old fashioned purple cow memory! —BarkingHen
Makes 4 cups
- 3 cups Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1 cup Chunky Chopped Walnuts
- 1/4 cup Ground Flaxseed or Wheat Germ (or combine)
- 1 teaspoon Fine Seasalt
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 1/2 cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup Seeded and pureed Concord Grapes (pulp and skins)
- 3 tablespoons Melted Butter
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla
- 1 Vanilla bean, scraped. Discard 'casing' or save for another use.
- Pre- heat oven 325 degrees. Mix Dry Ingredients in a large bowl.
- Puree Grapes in small food processor.
- Melt butter in medium microwave safe bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to the butter and whisk until well blended.
- Add wet ingredient to dry ingredients and mix until well coated.
- Spread onto Large un-greased Cookie sheet
- Bake 35-45 minutes, checking and turning every 5-10 minutes.
- You will not be able to see the atypical 'goldening' of the granola due to the purple coloring. However, you will be able to feel the drying of the mix.
- Allow to cool and harden before storing. Adding fresh currents really takes this granola over the top!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Grapes
No Laffy Matter
How to make peanut butter salt water taffy
How to make salt water taffy.
No-bake desserts are cool.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
The freedom to snack.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.