Author Notes: I first experimented with this recipe when my husband invited a friend for dinner at the last minute and the ingredients that screamed at me when I opened the refrigerator door were grapes and yogurt. It takes only a few minutes to make and it baked in the oven while we were eating the main course. - Gourmetphd
Food52 Review: WHO: This is Gourmetphd's first recipe on Food52!
WHAT: An easy olive oil cake enriched with almond meal and topped with grape halves.
HOW: This is a one-bowl affair, quickly thrown in the oven and even more quickly devoured.
WHY WE LOVE IT: Thin, fast-baking, and elegant, this is the perfect dessert for last-minute company. - A&M
- 1 cup Greek yogurt (nonfat is fine)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 lemon (zest and juice)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cups ground almonds (also called almond meal)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups seedless red grapes (cut in half lengthwise)
- olive oil spray
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, whisk by hand the yogurt, olive oil, eggs, lemon zest and lemon juice until well blended (this could also be done in a blender or stand in mixer).
- Add the sugar, flour, ground almonds, baking powder and salt. Mix well.
- Spray individual tart molds with olive oil. Divide the batter equally between the tart molds. Press the grape halves decoratively into the batter, cut-side down.
- Bake for 15 mns or until a tester comes out clean. Let cool before eating or not. Could be served with some Greek yogurt with honey on the side.
- Your Best Grapes Contest Winner!