If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The day that Burger King released their Hot Fudge Bacon Sundae, my S.O. and I headed for the nearest location. As we sat at the drive-up window, we could hear the employees commenting as they made our sundae:
“I think this is the grossest thing ever!”
“Who would ever eat this!”
So when the kid brought it to the window, I asked how many they had sold that day. He had been on his shift 4 hours and had sold 3. I guess people weren’t as advernturous as we! So we commenced to test the new taste sensation and were pleasantly surprised. The salty smoked bacon was a perfect addition to the sweet rich soft serve and hot fudge. We LOVED it! Of course, we split it though, so that we would only be hardening half of our artieries, ha!
Needless to say, I set out to create a sweet, creamy bacon concoction as well; thus, the Maple Pecan Banana Pudding with Bacon was born. I tested it by sending two pudding samples over to our next-door neighbors. One had bacon, and one didn’t. They clamored for more of the bacon! The key is to cook the bacon till very crisp. And toasting the pecans is a must. Fresh banana slices are a great way to lighten the richness of the rest of the ingredients.
A little dab’ll do ya! - Sherry K-Jazzy Gourmet
- 4 egg yolks (beaten)
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 cups milk, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 4 slices crisp-cooked bacon, crumbled
- Make a paste of the egg yolks, flour, syrup, sugars and 1/2 c. of the milk in a heavy medium saucepan. In a microwave-safe bowl, heat remaining milk 1 minute. Slowly add milk to the egg mixture and, stirring constantly, cook over medium low heat 10 minutes or until thick. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Pour into medium bowl, let cool for 5 minutes, then press plastic wrap onto the surface of the pudding. Refrigerate till completely cool, about 30-60 minutes. Toss bananas with lemon juice and add to pudding. Just before serving, fold in pecans and bacon, reserving a little for garnish.
12 Make-Ahead Egg Dishes for Easter Brunch
Hop to it!
Winner of Your Best Recipe with Honey
A sweet Q&A with Alexandra Higgins.
Style with a breeze.
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Wooden Bird's House
For your feathered friends.