If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I've been baking my Lebanese Grandma's Easter (yeast) Bread for years. I love taking a small disc shaped loaf to work for lunch with grapes (something delicate about the flavor combo). Soooo... I thought I'd get creatively lazy and use my other Grandma's Zucchini Bread recipe to incorporate all the flavors in one recipe.
This is a Quick Bread!! so it's fast and easy!
Ground Mahleb,Mastic(gum), Rose and Orange Blossom Waters are available at your local Middle Eastern Market. - thirteenJ
Makes 1 loaf
- 3 cups flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed (optonal)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground mahleb
- 1/8 teaspoon mastic pebbles, grind with a pinch of sugar in mortar/pestle
wet ingredients and Grapes
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil (vegetable or other suitable for baking)
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 1/2 ounces Rose water
- 1 1/2 ounces Orange Blossom water
- 1 cup seedless red grapes....halved
- Combine and whisk together all dry ingredients
- Except for the Grapes! Combine all other wet ingredients...stir just enough to mix
- Mix dry and wet ingredients by hand just enough to combine. (It will be a stiff batter!)
- Spread batter into greased, buttered, sprayed 8 x 10 pan. Bake in a preheated 350f oven for 40 minutes .
- Let this bread cool and serve at room temperature
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Grapes
Not Your Average (Garlic Cheddar) Biscuit
Yes, you need another biscuit recipe.
Why You Need Yet Another Biscuit Recipe.
Fresh beer, anywhere.
9 Ways to Celebrate the Royal Baby
What to Do With Marjoram
Go play outside!