If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is basically a cheese plate disguised as a salad. It combines nutty quinoa, juicy roasted grapes, caramelized onions, toasted almonds, and a delicious goat's milk Tomme cheese. To brighten it up a bit, I dressed it with a lemon and basil vinaigrette. I found the goat tomme at the union square farmers market and it's perfect for this. However, If you can't find goat Tomme, any semi soft goat's milk cheese will do, such as goat feta or goat cheddar. This salad makes a great lunch over a bed of baby spinach. - Cathy Likes Cheese
- 1/2 pound Red seedless grapes
- 1 cup Quinoa, rinsed
- 1 Lemon
- 1/4 cup Fresh basil chiffonade
- 3 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup Slivered blanched almonds
- 2 Small onions or shallots, halved and sliced thinly
- 1/4 pound Goat Tomme cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit. Combine grapes and 1 tablespoon oil in a baking sheet and toss to combine. Roast in oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Combine quinoa with 2 cups water and bring to a boil. Turn down heat and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat. Add almonds and toast until nutty and fragrant. Set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to skillet and return to medium heat. Add onions and sautée, stirring every 5 minutes, until lightly brown, about 20-30 minutes.
- Combine the juice of one lemon with basil, 1 tablespoon oil, and salt and pepper to taste. When quinoa is cooked, add almonds, grapes, onions, and vinaigrette and stir to combine. Set aside to cool.
- Cut cheese into 1/2 inch cubes. When salad has cooled, add cheese.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Grapes
Jam is a Liquid
And other things to keep in mind when traveling with food.
Do not pack these foods in your carry-on.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Let's get chopping.
Macerated strawberries, with a twist.
This is poppin'.