Author Notes: As a young girl I have memories of eating breakfast at my grandmother's house, where we would feast on her usual homemade buttermilk biscuits. Besides slathering her hot, flaky, biscuits in butter, my grandmother taught me to use jam liberally...and I chose grape jam. It was always grape jam. So, I decided to try making my own and I will never go back to the store bought version! Sooooo yummy! - misschels
Makes 2 cups of jam
- 3 cups red, seedless grapes
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- Pre-heat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss the grape with the evoo, sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Let the grapes cool completely on the baking sheet.
- Transfer to a small bowl, and using a potato masher, gently mash the grapes until they achieve a slightly chunky, yet pureed like consistency. Mix in the agave.
- Serve on homemade buttermilk biscuits.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Grapes