Author Notes: Last Summer when Freddy and I were driving across Nevada we stopped at Winnamucca for lunch at a little diner that served a great salad that was composed of very finely chopped vegetables. It became the inspiration for this salad which has very finely chopped broccoli, and red flame grapes. Except for the bacon everything else is uncooked and easy peasy to prepare. It's perfect for lunch or picnic at the beach. - dymnyno
- 5 cups finely shaved and chopped raw broccoli (no stem)
- 1 cup chopped red flame grapes
- 1/2 cup chopped crispy bacon
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (use a microplane)
- Combine the chopped broccoli, red flame grapes, red onion and bacon.
- Whisk the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup and lemon zest together.
- Toss the dressing with the broccoli and grape mixture .