If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A few years ago I saw a Facebook post with a link to a recipe for a Grilled Cheese with Blackberry Jam Sandwich. At first I was repelled, but as I tasted it in my mind's tongue, it grew on me. I even bought a jar of blackberry jam, but my husband ate it up before I got a chance to make the sandwich. Time passed.... until the grape contest! So I started with making Grape Butter from The Essential NYT Cook Book (a snap), then this sandwich. The red onion trick is snitched from Nancy Silverton's Pastries fromLa Brea Bakery. Very fussy, but delicious and beautiful. —luvcookbooks
- 1 slice whole wheat bread
- 2 tablespoons grape butter
- 1 slice Muenster or other mild cheese
- 1 thin slice red onion
- olive oil
- Put a little olive oil in a small frying pan and gently cook the slice of red onion. Be careful not to disconnect the rings. Salt and pepper to taste. When the onion is soft, dribble over a little bit of sherry vinegar.
- Put the slice of bread in a baking pan. Layer the grape jam and cheese on the bread. Carefully transfer the onion slice to sit on top of the cheese. Sprinkle with a little pepper.
- Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with chives, or another herb, if desired.. Eat with a mug of hard cider. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Grapes
Genius Recipes for a Genius Labor Day
Beans! Pimento cheese! pies!
Genius recipes for a genius Labor Day.
Ways to a money-saving kitchen.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
The Hudson Valley's where it's at.
Get your shine on.