If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Think Chicken Noodle soup with the amazing mexican flavors of tomatoes, lime and a little spice. It's super simple and everyone loves it. —jessie schupack
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 white onion chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 6 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 pound skinless chicken breast
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 14 ounces cans of roasted tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups vermicelli noodles / or angel hair pasta broken in small pieces
- 1 jalapeno pepper (remove seeds) and mince
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup fresh cilantro roughly chopped
- 2 limes juiced
- In dutch oven or soup pot, heat oil on medium heat and add onion, celery, carrots until onions are translucent.
- Add chopped garlic and jalapeño and stir about one more minute.
- Add tomatoes and stock and chicken and bring to boil. Once chicken is cooked, remove from pot, let cool and shred.
- Simmer on low heat and put chicken in pot and add noodles, dry spices (salt, pepper, coriander, turmeric and cumin) and juice from two limes.
- Keep on low heat or remove from heat when noodles are cooked, about 5 minutes.
- Serve with a dash of cilantro leaves and slices of lime.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
Welcome to the Winner's Circle
Your Best Non-Dairy Frozen Dessert
Welcome to the winner's circle.
Recipe of the Day
Your poolside essentials.
Dessert before dinner.