If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it
Author Notes: I originally tried to make eclairs filled with pumpkin cream. It failed miserably so I came up with the idea of profiteroles and pumpkin ice cream. - Foodness Gracious
- 1/2 cup All purpose flour
- 1/2 Sugar
- 1/4 Salt
- 1/2 cup Water
- 3 Eggs
- 1 quart Pumpkin ice cream
- 1 Heavy cream
- 10 Dark chocolate, chopped
- In a bowl combine the flour, sugar and salt, set aside. Melt the butter and the water in a large saucepan over a medium heat.
- Add the flour mixture to the pan and mix for about 1 minute and the dough forms a ball picking up all the flour from the sides of the pan.
- Transfer the dough to a mixer and beat gently for about 1 minute to release most of the steam from the dough. Add the 2 beaten eggs gradually mixing well after each addition until a sticky dough forms.
- Fill a piping bag with the dough and pipe 2 inch mounds of dough onto the pan. Take the extra egg and lightly glaze each profiterole with the egg wash.
- Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for 15 minutes then reduce the heat to 350 degrees. Bake for another 25 minutes or until golden brown. The profiteroles will soften as they cool (store them in a large ziploc and they are even better the next day)
- Heat the cream in a small pot until bubbles appear around the edges. Add the chocolate and gently stir until dark and shiny. Leave to cool at room temperature.
- Half each profiterole, dip the tops into the ganache and set aside. Place a large scoop of pumpkin ice cream onto the base of the profiterole and gently lay the lid on top of the ice cream. Serve at once.