If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a recipe from a community cookbook called "Sturbridge Kitchens" from Old Sturbridge Village in Ma. The ingredients are what I would consider, not very sophisticated but it is always HUGE hit at any get together. The only thing I have changed about it is, I use fresh mushrooms.
This is one of thoses simple recipes that just works just the way it is, and it freezes beautifully! YUM! - alflynn
- Sm. carton Chopped White button mushrooms
- 1/2 cup Chopped pimento stuffed green olives
- Heaping 1/4 Cup Good quality mayonnaise (I use Hellmans)
- 1loaf Cocktail rye bread (freeze what you don't use)
- 1/2 lb. Sliced American cheese
- Sauté and brown mushrooms
- Mix mushrooms with olives and enough mayonnaise to be fairly moist
- Place a square of cheese to cover the cocktail bread and generously spread the mushroom mixture on the cheese
- Toast under broiler until you see the cheese lightly brown and bubble on on the sides of the bread. Keep a close watch on this as not to burn. * this recipe doesn't have to be followed exactly as written. It's like telling someone how much mayo & celery to use in tuna salad...it just personal preference.
12 Make-Ahead Egg Dishes for Easter Brunch
Hop to it!
Winner of Your Best Recipe with Honey
A sweet Q&A with Alexandra Higgins.
Style with a breeze.
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Wooden Bird's House
For your feathered friends.