If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is what happens when the temperatures finally dip below 80 in Los Angeles and it rains. It brings out the Fall in me. —Katey501
- 2 cups butternut squash, cubed
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 leek, sliced (white and light green)
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup mirin
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- pinches salt
- 4 sprigs cilantro, for garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, toss the cauliflower and squash with the ground ginger, a tablespoon of the olive oil, and sesame oil. Place in a baking dish and roast until tender, 25-30 minutes.
- In a stock pot over medium heat, warm the remaining olive oil and butter until melted, add the leeks and cook until translucent, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the grated ginger and stir. Mix in the squash, cauliflower, stock, a pinch of salt, and mirin. Stir. Allow to simmer for 25-30 minutes.
- With an immersion blender or regular blender, blend until smooth. Add the cream and blend until mingled. Garnish with cilantro or croutons.
A Bagel & Lox, In Salad Form
This is (crème) fraîche
Bagel and lox, in a salad.
Churn with confidence.
Savor the season.
Tennessee whiskey is the tops.
Orange you sweet.