If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Believe it or not, I had never tried Chipotle until last year - I know, probably the last person on the planet that hadn't eaten there! But the first time I went, I got the bowl with brown rice, peppers, the chicken, it was amazing and I was hooked. The other night I had really thinly sliced chicken breast and I was making a pot of brown rice, when I searched my pantry, I had a can of black beans, and then I thought I'll make my own Chipotle! - Jenn@Slim-Shoppin
- 2 cups uncooked brown rice
- 6 thin chicken breasts (like Purdue brand)
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 green pepper
- 1 orange pepper
- 1 white onion
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
- In a small dish, combine all the spices - this is going to be the rub. My goal was to make everything separately, then let my family build their own bowls. So the fist thing I did was put the rub on all of the chicken. I cooked that in a skillet a few at a time for about 3-4 minutes per side and then I kept the cooked ones in the oven to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, I cooked the brown rice (I added 2 tsp. of dry chicken stock to the rice and water).
- Once all the chicken was cooked and removed from the pan, I used the same skillet to add the peppers and onions. It picked up the bits of cooked chicken from the pan and I added another teaspoon of the spice rub to the veggies
- So, for my bowl, I put the brown rice on the bottom, added the peppers and onions, the chicken, and sprinkled a little cheddar cheese on top. It turned out to be a big hit! I'll definitely add this to my rotation of quick weeknight meals!