If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is my husband's favorite recipe to make. It is especially great that you can make this with leftover Thanksgiving turkey! —Twice Cooked Half Baked
- 4 Dried pasilla chiles
- 1/2 cup Pepitas
- 1/3 cup Dark raisins or prunes
- 1/2 cup Nuts (marcona almonds are awesome, but peanuts and almonds are good too)
- 2 pieces Toasted white bread (he prefers to use the rustic kind)
- 1 Bay leaf
- 2/3 cup Tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon Dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground cloves
- 2 Yellow onions, finely chopped
- 6 Cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon Ground cumin
- 1 3/4 cups Chicken stock
- Toast the chiles in a skillet over high heat until darkened on both sides, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and add 1 c. hot water. Allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Toast the pepitas in a skillet over medium heat, stirring, until golden, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl to cool. Toast the raisins/prunes in the same skillet, stirring until slightly puffed, about 1 minute. Transfer to same bowl. Brown the bay leaf on both sides, about 1 minute. Toast the nuts in the same skillet until fragrant. Transfer to the bowl to cool.
- Toast the bread until dry, but not dark. Tear into small pieces.
- Place the chiles, soaking liquid, pepitas, raisins/prunes, bay leaf, nuts, bread, tomato puree, oregano, cinnamon, salt, pepper, and clove in the bowl of a food processor or blender. Process for 3 minutes until smooth.
- Set a large saucepan over medium-high heat. When hot, coat with cooking spray. Add onions, garlic, and cumin, cover and cook stirring occasionally, until onions are slightly browned. Stir in the stock and chile puree. Cover and cook over low heat for 1 1/2 hours.
- Serve the mole over shredded leftover turkey. We like to serve ours with rice and avocado.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Thanksgiving Turkey
How to make lemonade without a recipe
Lemonade, sans recipe.
Last day for free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
Green pesto is so last summer.
Savor the season.