If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love this cold weather meal- it's great reheated for days on end, and my husband's favorite way to enjoy it is cradling the bowl in one hand and shaking a fist while yelling at football on the TV with the other. —Omeletta
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken thighs
- 1 1/2 pounds andouille sausage, cut into 1/2" rounds
- 8-10 ounces raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup diced bell pepper
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced sweet onion
- 12 ounces dark beer
- 2-3 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 cups tap water
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup brown rice
- Heat 2 tablespoons over medium to high heat in a large saucepan until shimmering. Add the andouille sausage and cook until brown. Remove from the pan and add the other 2 tablespoons vegetable oil. Add the chicken thighs, skin side down, and cook till skin is crispy. Turn over and continue to cook until cooked through. Remove and set aside.
- Add the onions, celery, bell pepper, smoked paprika and chili powder to the pan and cook until the vegetables have softened. Deglaze the pan with half of the can of beer, scraping up all of the bits stuck up to the bottom of the pan. Add the rest of the beer and simmer until the alcohol has cooked off. While you wait for the beer to simmer, remove as much of the meat off the chicken thighs as possible and dice.
- Add the chicken meat and any of the largest bones back to the pan. Add the andouille, shrimp and tomatoes and stir to combine. Add the chicken stock, water and rice and simmer 30-45 minutes, or until the rice has softened.
- Let sit about ten minutes before serving.
No Laffy Matter
How to make peanut butter salt water taffy
How to make salt water taffy.
No-bake desserts are cool.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
The freedom to snack.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.