Author Notes: I absolutely love lettuce wraps. I am always looking for new ways to reinvent lettuce wraps and up the flavor of the dish! These lettuce wraps are absolutely delicious, made with a variety of Mexican spices, and seasoned with the crisp, clean, and inviting flavor of cilantro. It's definitely a mexican fiesta. The salsa just takes these over the top! These babies are also super duper healthy, so dig in! - misschels
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground turkey meat
- 1 whole orange bell pepper, seeded, cored, and chopped
- Heat olive oil in a heavy frying pan over medium heat. Add the bell pepper, onion, and garlic, saute for about 3 minutes, just until the mixture has "sweat down" a bit.
- Add the spices and mix thoroughly, cook for around 1 minute.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Thanksgiving Turkey