Author Notes: I like to cook my turkey over night with out basting. - Karen Maranda
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 onion
- 2 celery stalk
- 1/2 bag of bread stuffing
- 1/2 bag of corn bread stuffing
- 4 tablespoons bell season
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup warm water
- Saute onion and celery in melted butter in a sauce pan. Add all remaining ingredients in a large bowl and sauteed onion and celery. Mix with hands. If it is dry add some more warm water.
- Set aside to stuff turkey.
- 1 turkey about 20 lbs
- 1 pound bacon
- 2 tablespoons bell season
- stuffing that u set aside
- Preheat oven to 200. Clean wash and pat dry your turkey with paper towels inside and outside of the Turkey. Place in a large roasting pan
- Stuff your turkey loosely with the stuffing mix, put the bell season on the turkey and then blanket the turkey with bacon. Cover with foil place in the oven @ 11:30 pm cook over night. in the am around 8 am remove some of the juice and place back in the oven with foil. @ 11:30 am remove the foil to let bacon brown for the next hour. You will have to carve the turkey in the pan. It will fall apart.
- I have also done this on the grill in roasting pan on low. We had Thanksgiving in July. Side and everything it was fun.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Thanksgiving Turkey