If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It started out as a hack for quickly roasting the squash, i got what I wanted (except that It turned out I didn't care too much for it). some of the thinner slices found their way into the baking tray along with the chunky ones, and voila, these crisped up into delicious little caramelized morsels that tasted somewhat like fried sweet potato chips. I'm guessing that the sugars in the squash caramelize and yield that crispness, rather than the starch frying up in a high temperature oven. - Panfusine
Makes 2 cups
- 4 smallish delicata squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt to taste
- smoked Paprika or ancho chile powder to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 225 F.
- Slice about 1 inch on the scar end of the squash and scoop out the seeds along with the webbing. Using the 'thin' setting on a mandolin, slice the squash and toss into a bowl along with the salt, oil and chile powder (a little salt goes a long way). ensure that the slices are evenly coated with the seasoning.
- Place the slices in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in the oven for about 40 minutes. With this 40 minutes, take care to rotate the sheets around, and remove the slices that have crisped up to a golden brown at regular intervals. Store in an air tight jar . Serve along with your favorite hummus as a dip.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hors d'Oeuvre
Fried Toast and Ice Cream Floats.
A list of things we like.
Listing What We Like.
3 Ways to Compost
Go play outside!
DIY Herb Rubs
Not-so traditional pesto