If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: There was a time when I ate egg mcmuffins more times a month than I'd like to admit...I was helpless; they're the perfect size & I love every component. I eventually became aware of factory farming, over-crowded chickens, food inc, etc & swore off mcdonalds (and meat) for life. I haven't hit the golden arches since & just assumed I was destined to live an egg mcmuffin deprived existence. Not so...my boyfriend for which this is named makes the best, complete with some twists. Like all great things, it takes time & a lot more dishes to clean but I think I prefer it this way. It's special & therefore always appreciated. - rachel waters
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 shallot, diced
- 1 heaping spoonful of sour cream
- slices high-quality cheddar (+ extra for snacking)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced & mixed w/1 tbsp melted butter
- salt & pepper
- 2 Bay's English Muffins
- Heat small skillet over low & whisk together eggs, shallot, sour cream, salt & pepper, pouring mixture into skillet. Treat these as if you were scrambling eggs, stirring, eventually separating into two formed patties & laying cheese on top of each, covering the pan so it begins to melt. Turn off heat while they are still loose (you don't want to overcook).
- While this is happening...
- Toast english muffins in toaster oven on low, pull out when lightly toasted and brush generously with melted garlic butter. Add egg 'patties' to make sandwich, then toast a couple more minutes, keeping a watchful eye out so they don't get burnt.
- Pull out and devour.